Friday 7 March 2014

DESIGN PRACTICE 2 - STUDIO BRIEF 1 - BOOK BINDING RESEAERCH

When defining my project design decisions I decided that I am going to utilise a decorative Japanese book binding method when crafting my booklet. I initially came across the binding method while collecting aesthetically focused research for the project and decided to apply it to my outcome. 



Although I decided to utilise the binding method I had no idea how to do it. Therefore, before producing the mock-up version of my booklet I decided to research into how to successfully create and apply the method.

While trying to find information on the binding method I came across a video based tutorial posted on youtube. The two part series visually demonstrates how to complete the method from start to finish so that the whole process can be understood. Now that I have this resource I can produce the mock-up version of my booklet and practice applying the method before producing my final outcome. 




No comments:

Post a Comment